BSBMED301 - Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately | Short Course
Fees & Charges Policy 2020
Download the VET Fees & Charges Policy 2020 for Publicly Funded Training
About this qualification
This course is recommended for people who apply an extensive range of competencies in various medical administration contexts. They may exercise discretion and judgment using appropriate knowledge to provide technical advice and support to a team.
The skills are applied in accordance with legislation, regulation, government policy and industry guidelines.
This unit may be used as a credit towards other qualifications in the health or community sector.
There are no pre-entry study or qualification requirements, but to be eligible, you must:
Reside in Western Australia;
Possess suitable English language, literacy and numeracy skills; and
Provide proof of identity
Students must be able to follow and recall instructions and information provided by the trainer in English in order to complete all the required course activities for assessment.
The unit of competency standards requires a level of physical ability to meet the evidence requirements for assessment.
ALTI ensures all AQF qualifications, statements of attainment, and transcripts of results are issued in accordance with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015.
Duration, learning method and assessment
- Duration: 8-hour face-to-face workshop, plus written assignment to be completed after the workshop
- Learning method: Face-to-face workshop, written assessment
- Assessment: Post course written assessment
Units of competency
BSBMED301 Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
After completing this course, you will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Receive, interpret and document written and oral instructions using medical terminology
- Use checklists where appropriate
- Interpret abbreviations for specialised medical terminology
- Interpret and adhere to the policies and procedures of the workplace
- Seek clarification when necessary
- Use medical terminology correctly in the completion of routine tasks
- Seek assistance from supervisor or experienced staff member as required
- Use appropriate medical terminology as directed, in oral communication with patients, fellow workers and health professionals
- Use appropriate medical terminology as directed, in written communication with patients, fellow workers and health professionals
- Present written communication to a designated person for verification if required
- Spell and pronounce medical terminology correctly
$350 incl. GST
Please call 1300 809 711 to book or if you have any further queries.
Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com