FEE-FREE SHORT COURSES
Two courses have been released to help boost the Aged Care and Disability Care workforce during the pandemic; the Western Australian COVID-19 Direct Care Skill Set and Comply with Infection Prevention and Control Policies and Procedures course.
These aim to assist the WA care sector with urgent training needs, as organisations significantly scale-up staffing to respond to COVID-19.
1. Western Australian COVID-19 Direct Care Skill Set (AE161)
The skill set comprises of three units of competency and will be available for new and existing workers. The three units are:
- CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs: View unit.
- HLTWHS005 Conduct manual tasks safely: View unit.
- HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures: View unit.
2. HLTINFCOV001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
This course comprises of one fee-free unit of competency:
- HLTINFCOV001: View course.
There are no pre-entry study or qualification requirements, but to be eligible, you must:
- Reside in Western Australia;
- Possess suitable English language, literacy and numeracy skills; and
- Provide proof of identity
Students must be able to follow and recall instructions and information provided by the trainer in English in order to complete all the required course activities for assessment.
The unit of competency standards requires a level of physical ability to meet the evidence requirements for assessment.
Duration, learning method and assessment
This skill set is delivered via a blended training model. Each unit will consist of a half day online Zoom workshop, as well as simulated workplace assessments to take place at our Training Institute located in Rivervale.
The course will take 2-3 days to complete, split over two weeks.
Cost - FREE
Upon completetion, these two courses (Western Australian COVID-19 Direct Care Skill Set and Comply with Infection Prevention and Control Policies and Procedures) are 100% subsided by the Department of Training and Workforce Development.
Please call 1300 809 711 to book or if you have any further queries.
Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com