HLTWHS002 Follow Safe Work Practices for Direct Client Care
Fees & Charges Policy 2019
Download the VET Fees & Charges Policy 2019 for Publicly Funded Training
About this qualification
This course is recommended for people who are required to use manual handling techniques to ensure their own health and safety, and that of others in a work environment that involves direct client care.
The focus is on maintaining safety of the worker, the people being supported and other community and workplace members in both centre-based and home-based environments’
There are no pre-entry study or qualification requirements, but to be eligible, you must:
- reside in Western Australia;
- possess suitable English language, literacy and numeracy skills (e.g. you will need to be able to read, understand and communicate care requirements on a care plan); and
- provide a copy of your passport or photo identification.
ALTI ensures all AQF qualifications, Statements of Attainment and transcripts of results are issued in accordance with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015.
Duration, learning method and assessment
- Duration: 8 hours face to face plus post course assessments and assignments - annual refresher recommended.
- Learning method: face-to-face practical and theory session.
- Assessment: written, observation, practical and verbal questioning.
Units of competency
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe manual handling practices for direct client care outcomes
After completing this course you will be able to:
- follow organisation procedures, for a particular task, to minimise risk of injury; and
- utilise and implement strategies as directed to improve workplace organisation.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
You might already possess some of the skills or knowledge being assessed on this course. If so, you may not be required to complete one or more of the units of competency. You first need to apply to have your knowledge and skills assessed for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). This must be done when you enrol on the course.
To find out more about ALTI’s RPL process, please contact our Student Support Officer on 1300 492 703.
You may be eligible for help with fees under various Government programs or a reduction of fees through RPL. For more information, please contact our Enrolment Coordinator on 1300 492 703.