CHCSS00070 Assist Clients with Medication Skill Set (Medication Management Course)
About this qualification
CHCSS00070 Assist Clients with Medication Skill Set (Medication Management Course) develops the knowledge and practical skills required to prepare for and provide medication assistance, support a client to self-administer medication and complete medication documentation, strictly in accordance with legislation, regulations, government policy and industry guidelines.
The skill set has been endorsed by industry as suitable for those who hold a qualification at Certificate III level or higher in an area involving provision of direct client care or support.
During the workshop students practice and demonstrate the required skills and knowledge in a simulated environment. The workshop also gives students the opportunity to engage with a subject matter expert (their trainer) and interact with other students.
These units may provide credit towards a range of qualifications at Certificate III and IV levels.
ALTI ensures all AQF qualifications, Statements of Attainment and transcripts of results are issued in accordance with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015.
There are no pre-entry study or qualification requirements, but to be eligible, you must:
- reside in Western Australia;
- possess suitable English language, literacy and numeracy skills (e.g. you will need to be able to read, understand and communicate care requirements on a care plan); and
- provide a copy of your passport or photo identification.
Prior to undertaking practical placement, you will be required to provide:
- current National Police Clearance
Duration, learning method and assessment
- Duration: 1-day (8 hours) face to face plus post course assessments/assignments.
- Learning method: face-to-face workshop plus post-workshop/ self-directed learning.
- Assessment: on-the-job practical assessments.
Units of competency
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTHPS006 Assist clients with medications
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
You might already possess some of the skills or knowledge being assessed on this course. If so, you may not be required to complete one or more of the units of competency. You first need to apply to have your knowledge and skills assessed for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). This must be done when you enrol on the course.
To find out more about ALTI’s RPL process, please contact our Student Support Officer on 1300 492 703.
You may be eligible for help with fees under various Government programs or a reduction of fees through credit transfer/RPL. For more information, please contact our Enrolment Coordinator on 1300 492 703.