CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing)
Fees & Charges Policy 2019
Download the VET Fees & Charges Policy 2019 for Publicly Funded Training
About this qualification
CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) offers the skills and understanding required to deliver support and care services to older people in both residential aged care and a home and community setting. You will learn to work, with supervision, to an agreed service plan and within organisational guidelines.
ALTI ensures all AQF qualifications, Statements of Attainment and transcripts of results are issued in accordance with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015.
There are no pre-entry study or qualification requirements, but to be eligible, you must:
- reside in Western Australia;
- possess suitable English language, literacy and numeracy skills (e.g. you will need to be able to read, understand and communicate care requirements on a care plan); and
- provide a copy of your passport or photo identification.
Prior to undertaking practical placement, you will be required to provide:
- current National Police Clearance
Career and study pathways
This certificate qualifies you to pursue roles such as support/care worker, care assistant, client assistant, community care worker, family support worker, home care assistant, respite care worker, nurse’s assistant, planned activity assistant, residential care worker or transport support worker.
These are all roles that require you to carry out direct care and support activities based on an individualised client plan, reporting directly to a supervisor. You would not generally be in charge of other staff.
Those with this qualification might continue on to CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support and/or a nursing qualification.
Duration, learning method and assessment
- Duration: typically 6-12 months, but can be completed at a pace to suit the student, depending on study goals and previous study and/or work experience.
- Learning method: blended delivery model, including face-to-face workshops, practical hands-on training in a simulated care environment, self-directed study and at least 120 hours of work placement or on-the-job training.
- Assessment: a combination of in-class practical and written assessments, post course assignments and an on-the-job assessment by an ALTI Trainer/Assessor.
Units of competency
The CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) includes 13 units of competency (7 core units plus 6 specialised aged care units).
- CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS023 Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
- CHCCCS009 Facilitate responsible behaviour
- HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTHPS006 Assist clients with medication
- 120 hours of practical work placement
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
You might already possess some of the skills or knowledge being assessed on this course. If so, you may not be required to complete one or more of the units of competency. You first need to apply to have your knowledge and skills assessed for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). This must be done when you enrol on the course.
To find out more about ALTI’s RPL process, please contact our Student Support Officer on 1300 492 703.
You may be eligible for help with fees under various Government programs or a reduction of fees through credit transfer. For more information, please contact our us on 1300 492 703. The Student tuition fees are indicative only and are subject to change based upon the units chosen as part of the qualification, individual circumstances at enrolment.’
The Student tuition fees are indicative only and are subject to change based upon the units chosen as part of the qualification, individual circumstances at enrolment.
If you would like to go ahead and fully enrol on this course please click here.