HLT43015 – Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance - Physiotherapy Specialisation
Fees & Charges Policy 2019
Download the Fees & Charges Policy 2019 for Cert III & Cert IV courses
About this qualification
The Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance is a Nationally Recognised Training program under Australian Qualification Framework (AQF).
The Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Physiotherapy Specialisation) reflects the role of people who provide therapeutic and program related support to allied health professionals.
Work may include:
- Conducting therapeutic and program related activities under the guidance of an allied health professional
- Identifying client circumstances that need additional input from an allied health professional.
- Working in a specialty area or across an organisation in delivery of allied health assistance services.
- Supervising other allied health assistance workers.
Career and study pathways
This course is designed to provide students with the skills and knowledge required to work in the Allied health setting under supervision with clearly defined guidelines and treatment plans.
Those who complete this qualification may take their studies further in the growing Allied Health sector.
Duration, learning method and assessment
The delivery of this qualification is a blended delivery mode of regular attendance to face to face workshops and self-study.
The total duration for this qualification may be between 6 to 12 months for completion and can be completed at a pace that suits the individual student.
- Face to face clustered lecturer/trainer directed workshops
- Workshop based practical skills and written assessments
- Post course assignments
- On the job training/assessments
Units of competency
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTAAP002 Confirm physical health status
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- BSBMED301 Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- CHAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCCCS009 Facilitate responsible behaviour
- CHCCCS023 Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS006 Facilitate individual service planning and delivery
- CHCCOM002 Use communication to build relationships
- CHCCCS020 Respond effectively to behaviours of concern
- HLTAHA003 Monitor a client specific physiotherapy program
- HLTAHA005 Support the delivery and monitoring of physiotherapy programs for mobility
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
You may apply to have your skills and knowledge assessed for RPL. The advantages of RPL are, but not limited to:
- Completing training in a shorter time
- Increasing education and employment options
- Reducing the costs of further education or training
To apply for RPL, applicants will need to complete the RPL Application Form. A trainer can assist you with identifying the units for which you may be eligible for recognition and advise how to gather the necessary evidence to support your application.
You may be eligible for help with fees under various Government programs or a reduction of fees through credit transfer. For more information, please contact our us on 1300 492 703. The Student tuition fees are indicative only and are subject to change based upon the units chosen as part of the qualification, individual circumstances at enrolment.