CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support
Fees & Charges Policy 2020
Download the VET Fees & Charges Policy 2020 for Publicly Funded Training
About this qualification
This program is designed to provide the skills and knowledge required to work primarily in residential facilities and in the community under direct or regular supervision within clearly defined organisational guidelines and service plans.
You will be prepared to report to service managers, liaise with professionals and other service providers and supervise and/or coordinate a limited number of other workers.
As a qualified aged or home and community care worker you may be required to:
- carry out activities related to maintaining an individual’s wellbeing through personal care and/or other activities of living;
- deliver services to individuals with complex needs, and/or work with groups of older people;
- report to service managers and liaise with professionals and other service providers; and
- supervise and/or coordinate a limited number of other workers.
There are no pre-entry study or qualification requirements, but to be eligible, you must:
- reside in Western Australia;
- possess suitable English language, literacy and numeracy skills (e.g. you will need to be able to read, understand and communicate care requirements on a care plan); and
- provide a copy of your passport or photo identification.
Prior to undertaking practical placement, you will be required to provide:
- current National Police Clearance
ALTI ensures all AQF qualifications, Statements of Attainment and transcripts of results are issued in accordance with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015.
Career and study pathways
This certificate qualifies you to pursue roles such as a team leader, care coordinator, community care or residential care worker
These are roles that require you to complete specialised tasks and functions in aged services based on the development, facilitation and review of an individualised client plan and may provide services to individuals with complex needs, and/or work with groups of older people
Reporting to a supervisor and and liaising with professionals and other service providers, but may be required to supervise and/or coordinate a limited number of other workers.
Those with this qualification might continue on to a nursing qualification.
Duration, learning method and assessment
- Duration: typically 6-12 months, but can be completed at a pace to suit the student.
- Learning method: blended delivery model, including face-to-face workshops, practical hands-on training in a simulated care environment, self directed study and at least 120 hours of work placement or on-the-job training.
- Assessment: a combination of in-class practical and written assessments, post course assignments and an on-the-job assessment by an ALTI Trainer/Assessor.
Units of competency
- CHCADV001 Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE003 Coordinate services for older people
- CHCAGE004 Implement interventions with older people at risk
- CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS006 Facilitate individual service planning and delivery
- CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
- CHCCCS023 Support independence and well being
- CHCCCS025 Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCPAL001 Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- CHCPRP001 Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCAGE002 Implement falls prevention strategies
- CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support
- CHCDIS008 Facilitate community participation and social inclusion
- 120 hours of practical placement
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Course Fee: $2697.50
Course Fee with Lower Fees, Local Skills subsidy, if applicable: $1200.00
Course Fee with Lower Fees, Local Skills subsidy & concession card: $398.40
Resource Fee: $180.00
*All prices are GST inclusive
You might already possess some of the skills or knowledge being assessed on this course. If so, you may not be required to complete one or more of the units of competency. You first need to apply to have your knowledge and skills assessed for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). This must be done when you enrol on the course.
To find out more about ALTI’s RPL process, please contact our Student Support Officer on 1300 492 703.
Service Course: $2697.50 incl. GST
Traineeship: $1200.00 incl. GST
You may be eligible for help with fees under various Government programs or a reduction of fees through credit transfer. For more information, please contact our us on 1300 492 703. The Student tuition fees are indicative only and are subject to change based upon the units chosen as part of the qualification, individual circumstances at enrolment.
The Student tuition fees are indicative only and are subject to change based upon the units chosen as part of the qualification, individual circumstances at enrolment.
If you would like to go ahead and fully enrol on this course please click here