HLT33015 Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance
About this qualification
The Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance is a Nationally Recognised Training program under Australian Qualification Framework (AQF).
The Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance reflects the role of people who provide assistance to allied health professionals under predetermined guidelines.
Work may include:
- Following treatment plans for therapeutic interventions
- Conducting programs under the regular direct, indirect or remote supervision of an allied health professional
Career and study pathways
This course is designed to provide students with the skills and knowledge required to work in the allied health setting under supervision with clearly defined guidelines and treatment plans.
Those with this qualification might continue on to complete HLT43015 Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance
Duration, learning method and assessment
The delivery of this qualification is a blended delivery mode of regular attendance at face to face workshops and self study.
The total duration for this qualification may be between 6 to 12 months for completion and can be completed at a pace that suits the individual student.
- Face to face clustered lecturer/trainer directed workshops
- Workshop based practical skills and written assessments
- Post course assignments
- On the job training/assessments
Units of competency
- CHCCCS010 Maintain a high standard of service
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community service
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTAHA001 Assist with an allied health program
- HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- BSBMED301 Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- CHAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCCCS009 Facilitate responsible behaviour
- CHCMHS001 Work with people with mental health issues
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
You may apply to have your skills and knowledge assessed for RPL. The advantages of RPL are, but not limited to:
- Completing training in a shorter time
- Increasing education and employment options
- Reducing the costs of further education or training
To apply for RPL, applicants will need to complete the RPL Application Form. A trainer can assist you with identifying the units for which you may be eligible for recognition and advise how to gather the necessary evidence to support your application.
You may be eligible for help with fees under various Government programs or a reduction of fees through credit transfer. For more information, please contact our us on 1300 492 703. The Student tuition fees are indicative only and are subject to change based upon the units chosen as part of the qualification, individual circumstances at enrolment.